Sunday, May 11, 2008

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT!

by Anne

Detroit and Dallas:

I'm working on disliking Dallas again, so I wasn't too upset by the loss. The first period was exciting and then NO ONE SCORED AGAIN FOR THE REST OF THE GAME. It was a SNOOZE. The Red Wings are just monsters. I almost want to change my prediction to Wings in 4. But I'll stick with Wings in 5. I bet the Stars can eke out a win at home... at least I hope they can.


Worlds:

YO CANADA TOTALLY MADE GERMANY THEIR BEEYOTCHES YESTERDAY.

They won 10-1. Eric Staal, who I agree had not really made his presence known in these Championships decided that yesterday was the day to start being BA.


Staal had 4 goals on 7 shots. He had 6 points in the game. WOWZAS. That's pretty freakin' sweet.



The reason Louie plays so well with eStaal because Louie pretends eStaal is Vinny


Roysie had a 2 point night (1+1) Caps PBF had 3 points (1+2). Roysie had 1 shot on goal and 1 goal, haha. I wish I could love Team Canada. I mean, I like them 2nd best... I think. They have Louie, Roysie and my Caps PBF, and my former Pacific Division boyfriend..... but they also have Heatley and Spezza which is totally yickey. Buuuut, Canada is America's hat.... so I guess I'll be ok with their gold medal or silver...probably gold.


Happy 23rd Birthday to my ex-Pacific Division Boyfriend!





Russia beat Sweden, but neither of our boys had any points, Max had a penalty, but that's it. Psh.... that's not exciting. Although its about what we usually expect from them for the Sabres, a couple of freakin' sweet games and then nothing for a month and a half.


The Czech Republic beat Belarus in a shootout. Guess who had the tying goal and then scored on the shootout?



WOOOOOOO!! KOTALIK!!


Slovakia beat Slovenia in a shoot out and and avoided being relegated to Group A which is the tournament Austria played in last month. It's too bad that Austria and Slovakia and the Czech Republic will be without some of their best players because THE SABRES WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! Ahem. Yes. That's true.

Look who was named one of Slovakia's best players of the tournament:



yay!

Philly tonight at Pittsburgh tonight at 7:30. USA takes on Finland at 3:30! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable